J Neils Group Photo

Pictured above is a group that includes my grandfather, Stanley "Stu" Reedy, in J Neils #6 Libby Montana. The gentleman in the cab of #6 are Victor Albertini, Stu Reedy and Phil Myron. Standing on the ground are Walter Neils, Bernhard Schlumm, and George Neils.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

70 Ton Bachmann Diesel


My grandpa operated one of these up to his retirement years. I remember him taking me and my brother to work with him. I wish I was old enough to take pictures.

This came from Bachmann with a DCC decoder already installed, it ran okay, and noisy. I removed it and installed a Tsunami 2 V 1.2 M TSU-1100 GE Diesels, using the FDL-16 Prime mover sounds. I also added a TCS Keep Alive, sugar cube speaker and new LED golden white lights. This setup runs amazingly well!!!.  I need to get a video posted soon. Suddenly I have fallen for this little diesel switcher and enjoy switching my industries immensely with it. Great engine with the Tsunami 2 installed.



Also, I'm not sure if I showed this water tank I built from "Trains of Texas", so here's a shot, with some of the boys around a fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment